<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, November 16, 2012

Crockpot Cheesy Spinach & Artichoke Dip

This time of year always has people searching for game day recipes.  So, Sarah definitely had the right idea by choosing it as a theme for our recipe swap this time around.  I received Ashley's blog, Cheese Curd in Paradise, who is a big Packers fan and has probably made this dish for a few Cheeseheads ;)


I usually go with my aunt's old standby recipe for hot artichoke dip, but this was nice for a change of pace.  Plus, the ease of making it in the crockpot (and serving it that way, too!) always helps.  This was delicious with pretzels and raw veggies.  And don't be fooled by the low cal ingredients - it was delicious, with the added bonus of being healthier than the full fat version!


Maybe I'll make this when the Giants are in the Super Bowl again this year ;)  Thanks for a great recipe, Ashley!



Crockpot Cheesy Spinach & Artichoke Dip
slightly adapted from Cheese Curd in Paradise

12 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup shredded pecorino romano cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.  Pour into crockpot and heat on low until warm and gooey.






Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At November 16, 2012 at 8:02 AM , Anonymous Franchise Brisbane said...

This is proof that you are born to cook! Wonderful recipe, i like that combo of spinach and cheese.

 
At November 16, 2012 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Cheese Curd In Paradise said...

So happy you liked it!! It is one of my favorites!

 
At November 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

That looks good, and it looks a little healthier than most creamy dips. I worked at a deli in college and we made spinach dip. I think I did a lifetime of squeezing water out of spinach while I worked there!

 
At November 17, 2012 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Spinach and artichoke dip is one of my guilty pleasures! Love this!

 
At November 17, 2012 at 4:45 PM , Anonymous Christine @ Christine's Kitchen Chronicles said...

Oh yum! And love that it was made healthier :).

 
At November 20, 2012 at 11:10 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

I love spinach artichoke dip, and I kind of wish I hadn't seen this recipe. It's a little too easy. :)

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home