<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, October 8, 2012

Creamy Crockpot Salsa Chicken (Secret Recipe Club)

The Secret Recipe Club is back!  And my assignment this month was A Little Nosh, Amy's blog.  I'm very familiar with it because I often participate in her Tastetastic Thursdays (when I remember, that is!).  Amy has a wide variety of recipes on her blog, but I went with something that was essentially "back to basics", although a slightly different version that I'm used to.

Life has been a bit crazy lately, so this really worked out well for us last week after I was running around all day, then needed to head out to (our first!) Back to School night.  I think it took about 90 seconds to throw together.  Yeah, can't beat that.

The cream cheese definitely gives it a nice touch...better than a version I've made in the past without it.  Served over brown rice - done!


Thanks for a great recipe, Amy!


Creamy Crockpot Salsa Chicken
slightly adapted from A Little Nosh

3 large boneless chicken breasts (frozen is fine!)
1 (15 ounce) can of corn, drained
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained (which I would have GLADLY added, if Frank ate beans...)
1/2 block cream cheese, cut into chunks

Place chicken in crockpot, followed by corn, salsa and beans.  Cook on low for 4-6 hours.  About 30 minutes before eating, add cream cheese and stir.  Serve over rice.


Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At October 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM , Anonymous Jane Bonacci - The Heritage Cook said...

I love how simple this is to make - it's going to show up on my dinner table real soon ;-)

 
At October 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Amy Anderson said...

Thanks Melissa! Isn't it so much fun to get a blog that you're already familiar with?

 
At October 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Lisa~~ said...

Sounds delicious and SO easy.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC entry Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings.

Lisa~~

 
At October 8, 2012 at 1:00 PM , Anonymous Nicole @ Daily Dish Recipes said...

Oh this looks delicious and I love using my crockpot! What a wonderful addition to our menu, and a perfect SRC pick this month!

 
At October 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM , Anonymous Kate | Food Babbles said...

This sounds so good! I adore crockpot recipes and it sounds healthy too. Nice choice! I had your blog this month for SRC and really enjoyed looking around your site! Here's the post if you'd like to take a peek ;) http://foodbabbles.com/2012/10/coconut-almond-toffee-secret-recipe-club/

 
At October 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM , Anonymous Jane Bonacci - The Heritage Cook said...

Hi Melissa, I wanted to let you know that your SRC Buddy has done everything correctly, but InLinkz is not accepting the entry of her post into the blog hop. Here is the link to the post: http://FoodBabbles.com

 
At October 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Jaida said...

You had me at cream cheese :) Yum!!

 
At October 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM , Anonymous Aly ~ Cooking In Stilettos said...

This looks really good Melissa!

 
At October 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Sara said...

Loving this recipe - I love finding good crockpot recipes and this one looks fantastic!

 
At October 9, 2012 at 2:56 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I bet this would be fantastic in a tortilla too.

 
At October 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM , Blogger Trisha said...

You can't beat a recipe thats yum and this easy to put together. Perfect for a busy day! How much is 1/2 block of cream cheese?

 
At October 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM , Blogger TeaLady said...

Crockpot recipes are always a hit. This looks yummy!

 
At October 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM , Anonymous Franchise Brisbane said...

Interesting recipe! Food looks nice on the photo.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home