<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Keep remembering

Yes, this post may look familiar, since it's exactly what I said one year ago today.  My feelings remain the same and I guarantee they always will.


I remember exactly what I was wearing.  A sleeveless pink knit shirt, gray pants, gray wedge sandals.

I remember the commute into work.  It was a gorgeous, sunny day.  Perfect September weather (just like today).

I remember getting the phone call minutes after it started.  And trying to continue to conduct business, not realizing just yet exactly what was happening.

I remember fighting my way out of the city, and eventually back to my place in Hoboken, right across from the river...right across from the devastation that was unfolding.

I remember the people coming off the ferries that night who were covered in white dust, and helping them find their way to buses so they could eventually get home to their loved ones. 

I remember the people who I knew and others who were lost in the buildings that I spent so much time in...in the buildings that I was scheduled to be at for a meeting at 8am on September 12th.

I remember every.single.minute. of that day.

Today marks the 11 year anniversary of when our lives changed.  And I will always remember. 




Spend today doing something happy.  Never let them get you down.

(photo from History. com)





1 Comments:

At September 11, 2012 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Joanna K said...

Thanks for sharing this. Living in Hoboken, I pass by many 9/11 memorials when I go for a run along the water (Hoboken, Weehawken, Jersey City, etc). I was at college on Staten Island and we could see everything from our campus. I had woken up, gone to breakfast (remember thinking how gorgeous a day it was), found out class was cancelled and went back to take a nap. I woke up after it was all over. Such a strange day....

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home