<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Honey Cornbread Mini Muffins

I mentioned in a few other posts about a party our entire family had last month for our Italian cousins who were visiting while on their honeymoon.  I took a lot of pics of everyone's American contributions (everyone made American food so they got to try lots of different things!) and meant to do one big post about it, but haven't been quite as organized as I anticipated.  So, here is one of the things I made.

I found a great recipe for cornbread to go along with my crockpot 3-bean chili (coming soon, I promise!) and went with minis since we were feeding a huge crowd.  These muffins were SO delicious...a nice combo of sweet and savory goodness that can just be popped right into your mouth.


'Tis the season for soups and stews, so this recipe is coming just in time!


Honey Cornbread Mini Muffins
slightly adapted from The Neelys

1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup AP flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
2 eggs
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/4 cup honey

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.  In another bowl, mix milk, eggs, butter and honey.  Add wet ingredients to dry.  Stir until just mixed.

Line or grease a mini muffin tray (24) and evenly distribute batter.  Bake for about 11-13 minutes, until golden.



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 14, 2012 at 2:40 PM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

My husband requested some corn bread muffins just the other day. I'll have to try this one out on him.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home