<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, August 24, 2012

Parmesan Tilapia

Our latest recipe swap was "blogger's choice" (pick any recipe from your assigned blog), and I was assigned Coleen's blog, Does Not Cook Well With Others.  I had a few different recipes bookmarked when I first started browsing through her recipe index, like honey glazed drumsticks (which I will be trying soon!), but ultimately chose a recipe that I thought I'd never make.

This parmesan tilapia recipe has been floating around our cooking board for a while, and I have to admit, I've been skeptical about it every time someone posted it.  To me, it just didn't "go"...I don't know why, but it just never sounded appetizing to me.  

Well, I was wrong.  I'm so glad I tried this, and so is Frank...he really loved it!  The flavors were delicious, and really tasted good with the fish.  


I served it on top of sauteed broccoli rabe, which made the dish even better.  I highly recommend trying this soon!  Oh, and it takes about 15 minutes, in TOTAL, to make.  Perfect for a quick weeknight meal!

Parmesan Tilapia
slightly adapted from Does Not Cook Well With Others

1 pound tilapia filets
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Turn oven on broil setting.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.  Place fish on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.

In a small bowl, combine butter, mayo, cheese, lemon juice, garlic, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.  Set aside.

Broil fish for 3 minutes, then flip over and broil for 2 more minutes.  Remove from oven, spread cheese mixture on top, and return to oven until lightly golden brown.  Serve immediately.



Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 24, 2012 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Stef said...

I finally made fish the other night that was actually edible so I think I might have to try this one! I love how fast this is.

 
At August 24, 2012 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

That looks amazing. I love fish and anything is better with cheese.

 
At August 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM , Blogger DNCWWO said...

So glad you liked it!

 
At August 25, 2012 at 3:38 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

What a great idea to serve it on top of the broccoli rabe! I think it's great that you stepped out of your comfort zone for this swap.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home