<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sandwich

I'm not going to get all political on you here.  I'll just say that I'm glad I perfected this sandwich, since I otherwise wouldn't be eating it anymore.


Now all I need to do is nail down the waffle fries and I'll be all set.


Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sandwich
slightly adapted from Hilah Cooking

4 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup pickle juice
3 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 1/2 cups AP flour
3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
vegetable oil for frying (peanut oil is supposedly better, but I didn't have any)
4 buns, buttered and toasted
pickle slices

Pound out chicken to 1/2 inch thickness.  Marinate in pickle juice for 1 hour.

Beat egg and milk together in a bowl.  Combine flour, sugar and spices in another bowl.  Dip chicken on both sides in egg first, then flour mixture.

Heat oil in a deep skillet.  Fry each piece for a few minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.  Place on paper towel lined plate and blot top side.  Serve on buns with pickles.



Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At August 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM , Anonymous katie said...

Yum...

Do you have a mandoline? Mine has a waffle cutter option. Just get some peanut oil and you are set!

 
At August 16, 2012 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Laura said...

You had me at "marinate in pickle juice" I have never really had Chick-Fil-A beyond waffle fries, and I don't intend to now. But I'd love to try this recipe!

 
At August 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM , Anonymous Katerina said...

This is my jind of sandwich Melissa! Love every bite of it!

 
At August 17, 2012 at 4:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delicious! The prickle juice, as odd as it sounded, made the sandwich!

 
At September 10, 2012 at 9:03 PM , Anonymous Shelly said...

O.M.G!!!!! I absolutely LOVE chick fil a sandwiches, but don't have one close to my house. I saw this on pinterest and HAD to try it. I'm so happy I did! It is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!! This recipe will foreve be in my book! Thank you for such A great recipe. I posted about this on Facebook, and I have a feeling many mored will be pinning this recipe ;)

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home