<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mango Lassi

Anyone who reads my blog on a regular basis knows how much I hate throwing food away.  I immediately begin to challenge myself by trying to figure out how I can save it before tossing it.

So, when I was faced with 2 very ripe mangoes, I immediately thought, smoothie!!  Then Bella and I went to work.


Easy and delicious, this drink really made for a great snack on a lazy warm afternoon.  I couldn't get it infront of Bella fast enough...she loved it!


Mango Lassi
slightly adapted from Simply Recipes

1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk (1%)
2 ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
3 teaspoons sugar (to taste)
dash of ground cardamom (optional)

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend for about 2 minutes, until smooth.  Pour into glasses and sprinkle with cardamom, if you like.  Serve.

Makes about 2 cups.  Can be refrigerated for about 24 hours.



Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 9, 2012 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks delicious...I'll be making this today after we get home from the pool! THANKS

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home