<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, July 6, 2012

Hawaiian Pulled Pork

It's been a scorcher of a summer already!  It pains me to turn the oven on...even the stovetop makes my kitchen hotter than it needs to be.  I don't even want to think about what August will be like!

Time to bust out my trusty crockpot again...


It's been a while since I made my old standby pulled pork recipe.  I was all set to make it when I thought, maybe it's time to try something new.  And we were both glad that I did.  Delicious!


Hawaiian Pulled Pork
slightly adapted from The Experimental Spoon

3 pounds pork shoulder (or butt)
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 (15 ounce) can pineapple rings, drained and chopped
salt and pepper
rolls

Place pork in crockpot, followed by onion and remaining ingredients.  Cook for 6-8 hours on low.  While cooking, when meat looks tender enough, shred with 2 forks so it absorbs more juice.

Makes about 6 servings.




Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At July 6, 2012 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Krissy said...

This looks super yummy and I love that it is in the crockpot!

 
At July 6, 2012 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds so delicious!!! Love the idea of a Hawaiian pulled pork!!! YUMMMM!!!!!
http://lemoinefamilykitchen.blogspot.com

 
At July 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM , Anonymous megan @ whatmegansmaking said...

I love any sort of pulled pork! This one looks great :)

 
At July 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM , Blogger Foodie Stuntman said...

Yup. Easiest way I've found is to make pulled pork in the slow cooker. Congratulations on making the foodbuzz Top 9!

 
At July 8, 2012 at 6:12 PM , Blogger April said...

I loved pulled pork,and I love this variation-perfect for the summer.

 
At July 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM , Blogger gastronomic nomad said...

Last week, I was really thinking of a slow cooker. My AC was on full blast because of the heat coming from my stove! This looks so good. Congrats on top 9!!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home