<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, July 13, 2012

Fried Zucchini Sticks with Sriracha Mayo

I'm a Trader Joe's sucker.

I go in with a list.  I really do.  And end up with about twice as much as what I intended to.  Kind of like Target, but strictly food items.


I'm sure many of you have seen this list of "must haves" from there.  But even the everyday stuff that you can get pretty much anywhere catches my eye.  They had a great deal last week on zucchini that I couldn't resist...all I had to do was decide how to prepare it.


Well, that was easy.



Fried Zucchini Sticks with Sriracha Mayo
zucchini recipe slightly adapted from Giada De Laurentis

extra virgin olive oil, for frying
1 1/2 cups grated pecorino romano
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
salt and pepper
2 eggs
1 large zucchini, cut into strips

Heat oil in a dutch oven (2 inch depth) until it reaches 350 degrees (or throw a few breadcrumbs in...if they sizzle, it's ready!).

In a shallow bowl, mix cheese and panko with a little salt and pepper.  In a bowl, whisk eggs until beaten.  Dip zucchini, one or two at a time, in egg first, making sure to let all excess drip off before transferring to panko mixture.  Pat into panko and cover completely, then transfer to baking sheet.

Working in batches, fry zucchini until golden brown.  Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.

Sprinkle with a little bit of cheese before serving.

Sriracha Mayo
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Sriracha
pinch of salt

Stir all ingredients together.  Keep in fridge until serving.

Linked to:  Swanky Stuff




Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM , Anonymous Jill (JBean Cuisine) said...

Yumm, these look great. One of my favourite dishes from my hometown is zucchini sticks - so this totally reminded me of home and I will need to make them now with the two zucchinis in my fridge! Great idea!
Happy Friday!

 
At July 14, 2012 at 5:27 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I always end up buying cookie butter when I'm there...and it's always disastrous! Zucchini is a good buy though because these sticks with the AMAZING mayo...fantastic side.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home