<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, July 9, 2012

Creamy Dark Chocolate Sorbet (Secret Recipe Club)

My assignment for this month's Secret Recipe Club was a blog called Tea and Scones, written by Margaret.  Clearly, Margaret loves sweets...most of her recipes and posts are of the dessert variety.  Delicious looking ones, too!

Although I chose not to bake, I definitely did choose something sweet.


Sorbet during National Ice Cream Month?  Pure coincidence.

But really...is there a better choice for the month of July?

I don't think so.


Simply irresistible!!  Thanks for a great recipe, Margaret :)

Creamy Dark Chocolate Sorbet
from Tea and Scones

1 cup milk (I used 1%)
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped

Stir all ingredients together in a 3-4 quart heavy bottomed saucepan.  Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.  Lower temperature and boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  


Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for a few hours, until chilled.  Freeze according to ice cream maker manufacturer's instructions.  Scoop into freezer safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.  Will keep for up to 2 weeks.


Makes about 1 1/2 pints.


Labels: , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At July 9, 2012 at 12:13 PM , Anonymous Gretchen (Veggie Grettie) said...

Looks great! I can't wait to try this with almond milk.

 
At July 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Cookaholic Wife said...

I've been on a bit of an ice cream kick lately. This looks great!

 
At July 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Jaida said...

Umm...Melissa, I think you need to come over and bring this ice cream. Right away ;)

 
At July 9, 2012 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Chocolate sorbet is da bomb! Great choice!

 
At July 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

This is fantastic. What a great choice. Especially with this heat. All I want to do is make ice cream. Glad I'm not the only one.

 
At July 9, 2012 at 1:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad yu liked this one. It is one of my favorite ice creams. Come back and visit any time.

 
At July 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Evelyne CulturEatz said...

I could bathe in it honestly on certain hot days. Looks awesome and lighter than with cream.

 
At July 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Evelyne CulturEatz said...

I could bathe in it honestly on certain hot days. Looks awesome and lighter than with cream.

 
At July 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anne @ Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy said...

Yum - I love Haagen Dazs chocolate sorbet, this looks very similar.

 
At July 9, 2012 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Lisa~~ said...

Your sorbet looks so delicious, I'm saving this recipe to make very soon.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC entry Double Chocolate Mousse Cake

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

 
At July 9, 2012 at 6:30 PM , Anonymous Isabelle @ Crumb said...

Great pick! The only thing standing between me and making this sorbet right freakin' now is the fact that the container for my ice cream maker takes 24 hours to freeze up properly. Dang.
This recipe is definitely going on my must-make list for this month, though.

 
At July 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

great choice! dark chocolate is the best.

 
At July 10, 2012 at 2:13 AM , Blogger Veronica Miller said...

I have never heard of chocolate sorbet! How neat! And much lighter than traditional ice cream. It looks fabulous.

 
At July 11, 2012 at 3:14 PM , Anonymous Shumaila said...

Its sweltering hot here in AZ and a sorbet (that too chocolate!) would be perfect. Could I please have a scoop?

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home