<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, June 29, 2012

Teriyaki Turkey Burgers

This time around our recipe swap theme was one of my favorites...burgers (and sandwiches, too).  Frank just isn't a big fan of burgers for dinner at home, or even when we're out.  I mean, don't get me wrong...he'll eat them :) but it would just never be his first choice.  So, I made this for myself for lunch while he was at work.

I was happy to receive a recipe that I hadn't tried before.  Stef from Kickin it in the Kitch submitted it and it was really good!  I had to grill a few extra pieces of pineapple (couldn't resist) but hey, at least I ate it without a bun :)



Thanks for a great recipe, Stef!

Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
slightly adapted from Kickin it in the Kitch

1 cup breadcrumbs
1 can pineapple rings, drained (reserve 1/4 cup liquid)
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 pound lean ground turkey
teriyaki sauce for basting
jalapeno slices

Combine breadcrumbs, juice and soy sauce in a bowl and mix.  Add meat and mix well.  Shape into 4 patties.

Grill for about 10-12 minutes, brushing occasionally with teriyaki sauce.  With a few minutes left, add pineapple to grill and cook for a minute or two on each side.  Baste with sauce if you like.  Plate burger and top with pineapple and jalapeno.



Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At June 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Stef said...

I'm so glad you liked them! I love these burgers & haven't made them in awhile so I'm thinking I should get them on the menu again soon. :)

 
At June 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Joanne said...

It's hard to make turkey burgers taste good but you've definitely done it with these!

 
At July 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Sarah - The Home Cook said...

Yum! Looks great. I do loved grilled chicken/turkey with pineapple.

Thanks for being part of the recipe swaps!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home