<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Edamame Hummus

Summer has begun and kids are families are migrating to the nearest body of water to beat the heat.  Whether it's a pool, ocean, lake or a simple sprinkler, kids love it and get to stay cool and burn off lots of energy at the same time.

Because of this, moms are always on the hunt for snacks that are healthy, delicious and easy to pack.  And I'm one of those moms :)  We went to a friend's pool this past weekend and while making my mom's amazing hummus I thought I'd try a different version too, since variety is the spice of life.  At least it is in my life!


This was a big hit and tasted great on pita wedges as well as celery, carrots and red pepper slices.  I love the consistency of it and how easy it is to make.  Throw it in a plastic container and you've got the perfect poolside/beach snack!


Edamame Hummus
slightly adapted from Epicurious

1 bag (12 ounces) frozen shelled edamame (I used refrigerated shelled edamame from Trader Joe's)
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

Throw all ingredients in a food processor (if using frozen edamame, thaw first).  Pulse until mixture is the consistency of guacamole, adding a little bit of water at a time if too thick.  Cover and refrigerate until serving.  Serve with pita wedges (toasted or not) and raw veggies.

Linked to: Tastetastic Thursday





Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At June 26, 2012 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I love finding new versions of hummus and I always seem to have edamame in the freezer! Win.

 
At June 26, 2012 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Hezzi-D said...

I love edamame-this looks great! I really enjoy making my own hummus but you can never have too many variations!

 
At June 26, 2012 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

I am always looking for new ways to make hummus! I love the red pepper in this!

 
At June 27, 2012 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I love Trader Joe's edamame hummus and can't wait to try making my own!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home