<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, June 21, 2012

33rd & Galena Pork and Shrimp

So, the first day of summer REALLY hit us.  Like, close to 100 degrees hit us.  It's too soon for this!  I'm not a fan of extreme heat.  AT ALL.  Our air conditioning is already getting a major workout.

Oh well.  At least I'm not the one manning the grill in this crazy weather.  I'll leave that to the man in the house :)

I knew pretty much nothing about Penzey's until about 6 months ago, when I ordered a special gift pack from them which consisted of about 8 spices....for $5.00!  Saying it was a score was an understatement.  

I've yet to be in one of their stores (there are only one or two in my area...it's not very popular around here) but you can tell from their website that there's a lot to choose from.  Everything I've tried so far has been great, including this:


I used 33rd & Galena Chicken and Pork Rub on a pork tenderloin as well as some shrimp.  The pork was grilled and the shrimp was quickly sauteed.  It doesn't get much easier than this, and it was really good!  Salt free, too.

Take my advice and browse their site.  Pick a few blends and go to town...they're great!




Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At June 21, 2012 at 8:07 AM , Anonymous Ammie said...

I was introduced to them about a year ago and I'm hooked! We love the 33rd and Galena blend, especially because it's salt free.

 
At June 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM , Blogger Joanne said...

I haven't been to Penzey's yet either but I really want to go! Sounds like a foodie's dream store.

 
At June 22, 2012 at 6:21 AM , Blogger sami said...

Penzey's is simply a wonderful place to purchase spices. I simply cannot leave that store with a tube of vanilla beans.

 
At June 22, 2012 at 6:22 AM , Blogger sami said...

Penzey's is the best place for spices. I simply cannot leave without buying a tube of vanilla beans!

 
At June 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM , Anonymous Lesa @Edesias Notebook said...

I am a Penzey's fanatic. I have a whole cabinet full of their jars. I am lucky enough to have a Penzey's store about 45 minutes away. If you ever get anywhere near a store, you have to go! You will be in foodie heaven! You get to open up and smell everything that they have. It's so much fun. I have yet to try 33rd and Galena but it's on my list the next time I go!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home