<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pepperoni Calzones

Can you name your top 10 favorite foods off the top of your head?  It's harder than you might think...at least it is for me. 

Go ahead, try it...matter of fact, I'd love to see it in the comments!

I can safely say that calzones rank pretty high on my list.  I don't eat them very often, but when I do, I thoroughly enjoy every bite.  And I love that I can put anything I want in them.  But this version is my absolute favorite.


So go ahead...give me your lists!  Then try this recipe.  I can guarantee you'll be doing some editing :)

Pepperoni Calzones
adapted from Real Simple

1 pound pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
1 cup ricotta
1 cup grated mozzarella
1/3 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
pepper
1/2 cup pepperoni, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup marinara, warmed

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Divide dough into 4 equal parts and roll and stretch on a lightly floured surface into rounds, about 8 inches wide.

Combine ricotta and pecorino romano cheeses and pepper in a bowl.  Layer mozzarella on one side of dough, then top with pepperoni, then ricotta mixture.  Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal.

Brush tops of calzones with oil.  Transfer to foil lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.  Top with marinara or serve on side.

Linked to:  Pizza/Calzone Blog Hop



Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At May 24, 2012 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I haven't had calzones in way too long! I'm seriously craving that melted cheese!

 
At May 24, 2012 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

These look mouthwatering, Joanne! I think I could get my Italian boy to do just about anything for me if I made him these! ;) Great recipe.

 
At May 24, 2012 at 11:07 PM , Blogger Pam said...

I have a sudden craving for a calzone!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home