<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Crash Hot Potatoes

There is a point to this post today.  

The point is, you don't have to follow a recipe exactly, nor does your food have to be pretty, in order for it to be delicious.  Case in point - crash hot potatoes.

I know this dish has made its way around the blogosphere many, many times in the past few years, but this was the first time I tried it.  The fact that I couldn't find my potato masher didn't scare me.

What I like about this method of preparation is how crispy the loose potato skin gets.  It's different than your typical roasted potato.  And it's GOOD.


Add whatever herbs and toppings you like.  We had a plain version this time around, but I'll definitely change it up, depending on what we're having with them.

Crash Hot Potatoes
from For the Love of Cooking

red potatoes
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
additional fresh or dried herbs of your choice

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Boil potatoes for 10-15 minutes, or until fork tender.  Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and put potatoes on it.  Smash potatoes with a potato masher (or anything else you can find...hee hee).  Drizzle oil over them, then sprinkle with herbs and seasonings.

Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until crisp.  Add toppings if you like.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 15, 2012 at 9:41 PM , Anonymous Adrienne Torres said...

Best potatoes ever! Both my daughters loved them and my hubby couldn't stop talking about them. Nice and tender yet crispy...can't wait to make them again!!

 
At May 20, 2012 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

I love these, reminds me its been a while since I made them.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home