<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Salty Sweet Candied Peanuts

Ah, the ballgame.  One of my favorite past times.  All my life I've been a huge sports fan...and yes, I mean HUGE.  I don't think anyone else can say they knew a 7 year old girl who memorized all the stats of each player on her favorite baseball team, hmmm? 

Although we are partial season ticket holders, I rarely get to any games these days.  Life just gets in the way.  But, I'll be sure to teach my little girl how to appreciate the beauty of baseball.  She already wears her pink Yankees hat with pride :)

This delicious snack was the dish I chose to represent "Moneyball" at my 24x24 party.  And it should come with a warning label.  No joke.


Ignore the bad picture and concentrate on the virtual deliciousness.  This is a home run!

Salty Sweet Candied Peanuts

2 cups salted peanuts (or whatever nuts you like)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix peanuts, sugar and water together in a large pot.  Cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently.  You'll notice the mixture will start to look sticky.  Keep stirring, through when it turns dark, until it becomes golden brown in color.  Remove from heat.

Stir in salt and cinnamon.  Line a baking sheet with parchment or silpat and dump nuts on top.  Let cool and break apart.  Keep in airtight container.  


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At March 7, 2012 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Aarthi said...

Yummy Yummy...I Love this..

Aarthi
http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

 
At March 7, 2012 at 1:45 PM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvento350 said...

Horray for baseball! I'm getting so excited for the regular season. These peanuts look like a great baseball-watching treat.

 
At March 7, 2012 at 4:36 PM , Anonymous carpet cleaning Fargo ND said...

The peanuts look like a wonderful snack, I love it

 
At March 8, 2012 at 7:30 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I grew up living and breathing baseball and definitely plan to instill a love of the game in my kids. Also...a love of ballpark food. These nuts sound addictive.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home