<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, March 23, 2012

Salmon with Lemon Compound Butter

Our recipe swap theme this time around was a repeat of the Secret Recipe Club style swap we did a few months ago.  It was a such a big hit that we chose it again!  It's always fun to go shopping on someone's blog and picking a favorite :)

My blog assignment was Jenna's Cooking Journey, which had some great recipes to choose from.  Being that we're in the middle of Lent, I'm more on the hunt for different seafood dishes than usual.  When I saw this one, I knew it was a keeper.  Not only did it look delicious, it was REALLY easy and made in minutes.

Yum.

I cut back on the amount of butter from the original recipe but left all of the seasonings and flavors as they were (well, except I added more garlic, of course).  It was more than we needed and still tasted great.

Give this a shot tonight if you're observing Lent...or any weeknight that you want an easy and satisfying (and healthy!) meal.  We loved it!

Salmon with Lemon Compound Butter
slightly adapted from Jenna's Cooking Journey

1/2 stick butter, at room temperature
2 lemons, zested
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1 tablespoon thyme
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
kosher salt
3 salmon filets
extra virgin olive oil

Combine butter, lemon zest, dill, thyme and garlic in a small bowl and mix.  Season with salt to taste.  If using right away, keep out at room temperature, otherwise refrigerate and bring to room temp before using.

Preheat grill or grill pan to medium.  Season salmon with salt and add oil to both sides.  Brush and oil grill and place salmon skin side down.  Cook for about 3 minutes, turn 90 degrees, and cook another 3-4 minutes.

Turn salmon over and cook another 3-4 minutes.  Plate and top with butter.


Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At March 23, 2012 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I've never done a compound butter. I think it's time to try!

 
At March 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM , Anonymous Ammie said...

This looks amazing, I love salmon!

 
At March 23, 2012 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Lynsey said...

This looks incredible! Beautiful pictures too!

 
At March 23, 2012 at 12:29 PM , Anonymous Biz said...

I wish I liked salmon, it always looks so good! I may need to give it another try. :D

 
At March 23, 2012 at 6:55 PM , Blogger CRS said...

I wonder if this would be as good wiht a different fish...my husband doesnt like salmon!

 
At March 23, 2012 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

I definitely think so...you can always sub the dill with another herb if you prefer it with whatever fish you're cooking.

 
At March 29, 2012 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Sarah - The Home Cook said...

Looks great, Mel! Thanks for being part of the recipe swaps!

 
At March 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM , Blogger Sarah - The Home Cook said...

This looks great, Mel. Thanks for being part of the recipe swaps!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home