<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Oven Baked Pork Stew

I often speak of my love for Le Creuset here.  There's no hiding it...the pieces I have make life so much easier. I love dishes that go from stovetop to oven to table.  One pot to wash - I'll take it!

My other love is one pot meals.  You can't go wrong with throwing everything together and having a complete meal.  Awesomeness.

Long story short - this was a winner.



Oven Baked Pork Stew
adapted from Better Homes and Gardens

1 1/2 pounds pork meat (I used pork tenderloin), cut into cubes
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 cups beef broth
2 cups frozen pearl onions
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup cold water
1/4 cup AP flour
5 sweet potatoes, cut into half rounds
1 cup frozen green beans

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  In a dutch oven, brown meat in hot oil.  Stir in broth, oregano, marjoram, lemon pepper and garlic powder.  Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.  Cover tightly and bake for 45 minutes.

Combine water and flour.  Remove stew from oven and stir mixture into it.  Add potatoes and green beans.  Cover and bake for around 60-75 minutes, or until meat and vegetables are tender and liquid has thickened.

Serves 6.

Linked to: Tastetastic Thursday


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At March 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

sometimes...I kinda wish all my meals were one-pot meals. This looks awesome!

 
At March 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Aarthi said...

This looks awesome...bookmarked

Aarthi
http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

 
At March 6, 2012 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Gourmetdaytoday.com said...

This looks and sounds delicious! I love love love one pot meals.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home