<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My phone call with Lidia!

I was so excited after winning Lidia Bastianich's recipe contest with my Pasta e Fagioli.  I had some great loot sent to me (can't wait to really dive into the cookbooks!), but the best prize came last week when I got a phone call from the one and only herself.

                                                

I really had no idea what to expect going into it.  First of all, she called me directly, which really surprised me!  I was expecting a patch-through or something.  But nope...I answered my phone, and there she was.

We talked about my winning recipe, and she asked me (a lot of) questions about it.  Where did it come from, why did I enter that particular one, etc.  Lidia and I have at least one thing in common - we both love food and love family, and they tie in together naturally.  So, we chatted about that, too.

The best part?  She was looking at my blog while we were talking!  I couldn't believe it.  And she loved it.  I'm not sure if anyone realizes what a HUGE compliment that is for me, but seriously, it doesn't get much better than that.

Lidia was gracious enough to allow me to post my blog link and Facebook page link onto her Facebook page.  She said that her fans and my fans must have a lot in common, so they'd definitely appreciate checking out my blog and recipes.  Again, another amazing compliment!

All in all, it was a wonderful conversation and an amazing opportunity.  Never in a million years did I ever think I'd end up chatting away with Lidia Bastianich.  The closest I've ever been to her is sitting my butt down on a chair in one of her restaurants, eating some incredible food that likely came from a recipe developed in her mother's kitchen.  Now, I feel like I actually know her :)

Thanks to everyone who supported me and voted during the contest.  Without you, this wouldn't have been possible!


Labels:

8 Comments:

At March 13, 2012 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

WHOA!! Major coolness!! You must be floating right now...SO happy for you!

 
At March 13, 2012 at 7:46 AM , Anonymous Jenn said...

wow such a cool experience! congrats!!

 
At March 13, 2012 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

This is so awesome!!

 
At March 13, 2012 at 8:50 AM , Blogger Allison said...

What an opportunity!!! Good for you!

 
At March 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

That is so cool! Congrats to you on winning and on your phone conversation, too!

 
At March 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Aarthi said...

wow..thats awesome..congrats..


Aarthi
http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

 
At March 13, 2012 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Krystal R said...

Ahhh, that's too cool. I'd be on a bloggy-super high for a long time!!! Congrats again on your winning recipe! ;-)

 
At March 19, 2012 at 4:41 AM , Blogger Shelby said...

That is so awesome! I'm very happy for you!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home