<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, March 9, 2012

Alfredo Stuffed Shells with Chicken & Artichokes

Our latest recipe swap theme was pasta, back by popular demand.  As you know, we're never short on ideas for pasta here, but new ones are always welcome!  This recipe, from Leanne at Around the Table: Loving Food in RI and Beyond, was a nice addition to our arsenal.

As most of you know, I've been favoring make ahead meals lately because of my work schedule.  I was excited when I saw this assignment because I figured it was a dish that I could make the day before, pop in the fridge, and reheat the next night.

Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out as planned.  Don't get me wrong, it was still good...but the creamy aspect of the sauce kind of just disappeared.  It turned into more of a buttery liquidy sauce.  So, next time I'll either prep it the day before and not bake it until serving, or I'll make it the same day we eat it :)


This picture was taken after I baked them and before I refrigerated them...delicious!  And, the pan you see is one of the three in the set I got from Lydia - LOVE them!

Check out the link below for Leanne's original recipe - I made changes based on ingredients that I had on hand.  Thanks for a great pasta dish, Leanne!



Alfredo Stuffed Shells with Chicken & Artichokes
adapted from Around the Table: Loving Food in RI and Beyond

24 jumbo pasta shells, cooked al dente
1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

For the sauce:
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
3 garlic cloves, chopped
6 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups grated pecorino romano cheese, divided
2 teaspoons black pepper
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  While pasta is cooking, cook the sauce.  Warm cream and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium low heat until steaming.  Whisk in butter until melted.  Add 1 cup cheese, pepper and half of the parsley.  Raise heat and cook until reduced to one cup, stirring frequently.  Add chicken and artichokes and remove from heat.

Fill each shell with mixture, then top each with remaining cheese.  Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until bubbling.





Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At March 9, 2012 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Moviegirl03 said...

Wow, these sound amazing. We love artichokes. Thanks for the prep ahead advice, always handy since I get home late too!

 
At March 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM , Anonymous Katerina said...

These shells are loaded with deliciousness! Definitely a family pleaser!

 
At March 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM , Blogger Jan said...

This sounds amazing Mel! Thanks for sharing!!

 
At March 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Sarah - The Home Cook said...

I've had that happen before with pasta - the pasta soaks up the sauce if you combine it with the sauce too early before serving. Bummer. I'm glad it was still good and I wish my husband liked artichokes!

Thanks for being part of the recipe swap!

 
At March 9, 2012 at 1:53 PM , Blogger CRS said...

What a bummer that it didn't turn out as hoped because that sounds like one incredible meal.

 
At March 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Angie @ Sweet Natured Treats said...

This dish combines two of my favorite things ever: artichokes and alfredo sauce. This is going on my "make soon" list.

 
At October 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so yummy! This is my go to recipe when we have company and every always asks for the recipe!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home