<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, February 27, 2012

Mini Croques Monsieur

Well, by now we know which picture took home the Academy Award.  I have no idea if this dish accurately represents the winning film, but I didn't want to stay up until the end of the show and then write my post :)

If you read my blog post yesterday you got a recap of all of the dishes I made for my 24x24 party.  The first recipe I'm sharing is what I made to represent the film "Midnight in Paris".  This delicious sandwich is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and is very easy to make.  I'm wishing I had one right about now, as I sit here and watch Billy Crystal kick off the show...


Stay tuned for more of my party recipes in the next few weeks.  Hope your favorites took home Oscars last night!

Mini Croques Monsieur
slightly adapted from Kitchen Illiterate

12 thin slices cut from French baguette
ham
fontina cheese (use whatever cheese you like, but I HIGHLY recommend fontina)
dijon mustard
3 eggs
salt and pepper
butter

Beat eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper.  Set aside.

Assemble sandwiches by spreading mustard on each side of bread, then add cheese and ham.  Melt butter in a skillet.  Generously immerse sandwiches in egg and place in skillet.  Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted.  Serve immediately.


Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At February 27, 2012 at 7:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.... delicious! Thank you for sharing.

 
At February 28, 2012 at 3:43 AM , Anonymous Katerina said...

Croques Monsieur and Croques Madame are the best and most powerful way to start your day!

 
At February 28, 2012 at 7:23 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

What fun little slider sandwiches!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home