<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, February 13, 2012

Crockpot Italian Chicken

Before Frank and I were engaged, over 7 years ago, I had never used a crockpot.  One of my favorite engagement gifts was a big, beautiful, sparkly 6 quart slow cooking beauty made by Cuisinart.  And the very first dish I made in it was this, an original creation of mine.  

My crockpot's been seeing more action lately, particularly on the days I'm in the office.  I made this again recently and it brought me back to the early days when it was bright, shiny and new.  The lady's got some miles on her but she's still going strong.  


I never gave this dish a name before because, well, I didn't have to.  I didn't really know what else to call it so Crockpot Italian Chicken it is.  It really doesn't matter - what matters is that you make this soon.  Unless you'd rather not make your life much simpler and eat a delicious dinner at the same time.  Then you should just have your head examined ;)

Crockpot Italian Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1/3 cup red wine
1 large onion, chopped
5 garlic cloves, chopped
2 cups fresh or frozen green beans
1 (10 ounce) package button mushrooms
2 cups baby carrots
1 cup pitted green olives
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
Pasta of your choice, cooked

Place all ingredients except pasta in crockpot.  Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-7 hours (remember, cooking times vary for each one!).  Serve over pasta.


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM , Blogger Delishhh said...

I still have never used a crockpot - folks tell me how wonderful it is but i haven't gotten on yet. This looks fabulous.

 
At February 20, 2012 at 4:11 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

This looks awesome! I'm adding it to the menu for next week. Plus it's dairy free- BONUS lol!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home