<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, January 9, 2012

Stromboli

There are some things you can always count on.

1- The Giants somehow making it into the playoffs when the odds are stacked against them (let's go Big Blue!!!)

2- At least two tantrums a day from a 3 year old (it's a good thing mine is cute)

3- My mother-in-law's stromboli at any family gathering she attends (YUM!)

Our New Year's Eve plans changed at the last minute and we ended up having a few people over.  As I frantically went through what we had on hand to come up with some food to make, Frank told me he was heading to the store to get cold cuts.  He wanted to make his Mom's stromboli.  

Hey, works for me!

Obviously, you can fill it with whatever you want...below is what Frank used on NYE.  Other favorite combos of ours are spinach and cheese, broccoli and cheese, sausage, peppers and onions (and cheese)...the possibilites are endless.

And yes, it's as easy as it seems.  This is the way my MIL has been making it for years and it's always gone in a snap!

Stromboli 
from my husband, via his mom

pizza dough or french bread dough (homemade or store bought)
10 slices Genoa salami
10 slices provolone cheese
10 slices ham
flour
Marinara (to serve on the side)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Using flour, roll out dough.

Starting a few inches from the bottom, place 5 slices of salami across the dough.  Add another row of salami on top of that.  Continue with two rows of cheese and two rows of ham.  Make sure there is a little dough left on top.

Carefully roll dough up from the bottom.  Place seam side down on a baking sheet lined with foil.  Bake for about 15-20 minutes.

Let cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing.  Serve warm, with marinara for dipping.

Linked to: Tastetastic Thursday
                     Game Day Blog Hop


Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At January 9, 2012 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Aarthi said...

yummy...tasty one..Bookmarked

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

 
At January 10, 2012 at 4:50 AM , Blogger Zee said...

Even my mom makes a great stromboli, she usually fills it with chicken and mushrooms. Yours look pretty amazing too, I will give your recipe to my mom to try :)

 
At January 10, 2012 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

My dad has ALWAYS made stromboli at holidays and such. Now for me stuffs them with broccoli rabe and mozzarella! SO good.

 
At February 3, 2012 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Michelle Maskaly said...

Hiya! I'm so excited I found you! I'm from NJ, too. Great recipe and cool blog :)

 
At February 4, 2012 at 5:31 AM , Anonymous Katherine Martinelli said...

Yum! I love stromboli and this looks like a great go to recipe. Go Giants! Thanks so much for linking up at my game day blog hop!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home