<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, January 20, 2012

Chicken with Mustard-Cream Sauce

When I posted on my Facebook wall yesterday (as well as a few other foodie friends' walls) that we were having this dish for dinner, I got a lot of requests for the recipe.  So, I figured I better post it ASAP!

I was so happy that I found this recipe at the last minute.  I really didn't know what to do with the chicken breasts I had defrosted, and nothing sounded appealing to me.  My potatoes were baking in the oven and time was running out...I was feeling the pressure.  Kind of like when Frank and I are in a restaurant and I can feel his eyes practically burning holes on me when I have my nose buried in the menu and can't decide what I want to order.  Totally indecisive.

(and by the way, that's the only thing he has a right to complain about when it comes to my perfect self...after all, I'm not the only one who does that...right?  anyone?  Bueller?)

Another thing I discovered while making this dish - I need to buy tarragon.  So much for my fully stocked (and completely disorganized) spice cabinet.  But, I'm happy to report that my choice for a substitute spice worked out just fine.

This was delicious!  And couldn't be easier.  It all came together in about 15 minutes...can't beat that!



Chicken with Mustard-Cream Sauce
adapted from Martha Stewart

extra virgin olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 heavy cream
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried marjoram

Heat skillet and add oil.  Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken and add to hot pan.  Cook through, turning once, about 10-12 minutes.  Remove from pan and set aside, keeping it warm.

Pour wine into hot skillet and whisk, stirring for about one minute, or until it reduces in half.  Add cream, mustard, and marjoram and whisk until thickened, about 2 minutes.

Pour any accumulated juices into pan.  Stir together.  Plate chicken and add sauce on top.


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At January 20, 2012 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Sarah - The Home Cook said...

Yum! I love a good mustard cream sauce.

 
At January 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Patty said...

This looks so easy and delicious! YUM! I will have to try it.

 
At January 21, 2012 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I am the WORST at making decisions in restaurants so no, you're not alone. :P

Mustard cream sauce sounds heavenly.

 
At January 21, 2012 at 3:09 PM , Blogger Velva said...

This is a beautiful chicken recipe...Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Velva

P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog too.

 
At January 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM , Anonymous Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts said...

This chicken looks wonderful! I have made something similar before, but I am going to have to try this. You can never have enough chicken recipes!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home