<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Just call me Wimpy

I confess - I am a cheeseburger junkie.  I'm sure I could eat burgers every day.  Juicy, cheesy, delicious hunks of meat.  Who's with me?

Over the summer I was hoping to post a different recipe each week, but that sort of fell by the wayside.  And now that grilling season has come to an end, I'll take 'em any other way I can get 'em.  Like in the form of meatloaf.

My friend Kelly from Running Mama Cooks took a meatloaf recipe from Rachael Ray and made it "fun" by forming it into muffins.  I've seen it done before, both in the blogosphere and in real life, but these really caught my attention because they have all the components of my beloved cheeseburger.  Cheese and onions (both "musts" for any burger I eat!), ketchup, and even pickles!  Yum.

We really enjoyed these.  Next time I think I'll add more cheese, because, you know, you can never have too much cheese :)

Cheeseburger Meatloaf Muffins
from Running Mama Cooks

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
2/3 cup ketchup, plus extra
2/3 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped bread and butter pickles
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.  Heat oil in a skillet and saute onion until softened.

In a large bowl, combine ketchup, bread crumbs, eggs and pickles.  Mix in onion.  Add beef and cheese and mix all together.  Place filling in muffin tin and press down slightly.  Brush ketchup on top of each muffin.

Bake for about 30-35 minutes.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At November 29, 2011 at 8:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God, these look goooooood!

 
At November 29, 2011 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Sarah - The Home Cook said...

I love this recipe but even though I've made countless meatloaf muffins over the years I never thought to turn this one into muffins. Genius. Can't wait to make it.

 
At November 29, 2011 at 12:09 PM , Anonymous Melissa said...

It's been a while since I've had a good meatloaf...love this idea. I've never tried the muffins. Looks great!

 
At November 29, 2011 at 4:10 PM , Anonymous Lois said...

I have a friend that makes the mini meatloaf muffins with mashed potatos as frosting and crumbled bacon as sprinkles. Yum yum yum

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home