<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

You can call me spicy

I can't help it.  I love spice.  I love heat.  Thankfully I have a pretty strong stomach because between the garlic, onions and hot spices and ingredients, I'd be a mess otherwise.  

I came across this recipe in Brianna's blog, Oishii, and knew right away how I'd be using up the (CHEAP!!!  love Trader Joe's!!!) jalapenos I had in my fridge.  Frank doesn't eat them, and I couldn't possibly eat them all myself before they went bad, so I brought this fun appetizer along with me to my friend's baby shower a few weeks ago.

The original recipe calls for the poppers to be grilled, but I knew I'd only have oven access at my friend's house.  So, I baked them.  I also used cheddar instead of monterey jack, since that's what I had on hand.  

SO good!  Hot, but not TOO hot.  The perfect blend of ingredients.  


I think the person who loved them most (after me) was the Dad-to-be.  He even took some home.  Some of the other girls gave me that "thanks, but no thanks" look.  That's okay...more for the rest of us ;)

These would be a big hit on gameday!  They're also a great low carb treat.  Give them a shot.

Baked Sriracha "Poppers"
adapted from Oishii

12 medium/large jalapeno peppers
7 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons Sriracha
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper
olive oil for the pan

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with foil and spread a little oil on top (or use cooking spray).

Carefully clean jalapenos by slicing them lengthwise down the middle and gutting out the insides (a spoon is helpful).  Wear gloves if necessary, or be sure to wash your hands after handling them.

Mix the cheeses, Sriracha, salt, pepper and cumin in a bowl.  Fill each jalapeno half with mixture.  Place on prepared pan.

Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until cheese starts bubbling.

Linked to: Tastetastic Thursday
                   Pepper Blog Hop



Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At October 5, 2011 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Becka (The Elegant Eggplant) said...

What a great recipe!!! I love poppers.... anything with jalapeno actually!! And I put sriracha on almost everything, so this really is the perfect recipe for me! Thanks :)

 
At October 5, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Blogger What's Cookin Stacey?? said...

Looks so tasty! Love your blog!

 
At October 5, 2011 at 7:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look oh so amazing...I'd love to 'pop' over and eat some of these with you, as I agree, more for the rest of us :)

 
At October 6, 2011 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I'm with you...I totally live for spice. and anyone who doesn't...is crazy. These look amazing! All that cheesy heaven...

 
At October 6, 2011 at 10:38 AM , Anonymous Katherine Martinelli said...

What a brilliant recipe! My husband loves sriracha (me too but he LOVES it) so can't wait to make these for him!

 
At October 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Amy Anderson said...

Too hot for my taste, but they look awesome! Thanks so much for linking up.

Amy @ A Little Nosh

 
At February 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM , Anonymous Katherine Martinelli said...

Thanks for linking up to my pepper blog hop! Pinned :-)

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home