<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, October 7, 2011

Where is pumpkin, where is pumpkin...here I am!

Recognize that line?  If you have a 3 year old in preschool right now, you've probably been hearing it repeatedly for the past week.  Bella's been belting it out over and over...well, at least the parts that she knows. It's yet another reminder that it's that time of year.  A very cute reminder :)

Our theme for the latest recipe swap was anything including apples or the mighty pumpkin, and I've been well equipped with both (still working through the mountain of apples we picked last week!), so I was ready to take on whatever was given to me.  Heather's recipe was a nice switch, since it seems as if all the sweets I've been making so far this season have included anything but pumpkin.

These blondies are delicious.  Moist, fluffy and really tasty.  My kitchen smelled amazing.  I think the only thing I'd do differently next time is add more chocolate.  I mean, you can never go wrong with more chocolate. I just felt like it got a little lost and I would've liked to have had it in every bite.  


Bella ate hers in about 2.5 seconds.  Now if only I could get her to tackle broccoli as aggressively...

White Chocolate Pumpkin Blondies
slightly adapted from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks

2 1/4 cups AP flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup applesauce (I used unsweetened)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar (I used dark because that's all I had)
1 egg
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup white chocolate chips (like I said, bump it up!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil, leaving some hanging over each side.

Mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.  Set aside.  In a mixing bowl, beat butter, applesauce and sugars together.  Once smooth, add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.  Mix in pumpkin puree.

Slowly add and mix dry ingredients in with the wet, until just combined.  Fold in white chocolate chips.

Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake for around 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out of center clean.  Let cool completely in pan.  

Lift cake from pan by the foil, then slowly peel foil off.  Cut into squares with a serrated edge knife.

Linked to: Friday Shout-Out
                 Sweet Tooth Friday
                 Sweets for a Saturday


Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At October 7, 2011 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Sprigs of Rosemary said...

What a delightful combination of flavors! Pumpkin and white chocolate! I have to try this. A new addition to my pumpkin repertoire. Thanks!

 
At October 7, 2011 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Sarah - The Home Cook said...

Hehe. Baby Girl has been singing various iterations of that song for weeks. :)

The blondies look great!

 
At October 7, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Anonymous Katherine Martinelli said...

I've never thought of making pumpkin blondies - why not?! I love this recipe. Thanks so much for linking to my linky party!

 
At October 7, 2011 at 1:18 PM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

I remember that song! Well, at least part of it. These pumpkin bars look so good! I love white chocolate with pumpkin. I agree, more chocolate is almost always better.

 
At October 7, 2011 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Aarthi said...

Wow..that looks really delicious...Thanks for the recipe dear..

American Classic Carrot Cake is my post today...

http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/2011/10/american-classic-carrot-cake-with-cream.html

 
At October 7, 2011 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

Pumpkin blondes sound great. You can't go wrong with more chocolate!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home