<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

No way.

So, I get home from a dinner and come home to find some crazy talk all over my Facebook feed.  Snow?  THIS WEEKEND?  Say whaaaaa?  I couldn't even click on any links about it - I'll remain in denial, thanks.

The good news is, I've been cooking lots of "housebound" meals...and I have another one to share with you now.  Unlike me, if you choose not to deny, you can arm yourself with the necessary ingredients to make this during the "S" word.


Now, no more mentioning that dirty 4 letter word until at least December, mmm-kay?

Lentil, Kielbasa & Garlic Stew
slightly adapted from Good Housekeeping

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 pounds turkey kielbasa, cut into bite size chunks
1 large onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups baby carrots, cut into small chunks
4 medium stalks celery, chopped
8 cloves garlic, chopped
6 cups water
2 cans (14 oz) chicken broth (or homemade)
2 cans (14 oz) diced tomatoes
1 1/2 bags (16 oz) lentils, picked over and rinsed

Heat oil in a large pot, then add kielbasa (divide if necessary).  Cook until brown, then then transfer to plate.

Add onion, celery and carrots to pot and cook until golden.  Add garlic and cook another minute.  Add water, broth, tomatoes and lentils to pot and bring to boil.  Reduce to medium-low and cook uncovered for about 40 minutes, or until lentils are tender.  Stir in kielbasa and heat through.  Serve.

Serves 10.


Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 3, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Anonymous branny said...

I made an adaptation of this meal and we really enjoyed it! I added fennel.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home