<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, October 20, 2011

My latest addiction

I don't think my Mom is getting her bundt pan back.


There's a running joke in my family (well, really just with my Dad) about how my sister always steals his good cookware.  The man is always yelling about his missing pots.  So, I figure if the attention is focused there, no one will miss the bundt.

I'm telling you - this pan has to be older than me (save your wise cracks for another time, please) and nothing sticks to it.  Meanwhile, give me a new, basic round pan and I'm lucky if half my cake isn't cemented to it.  Hmmm.

I've been making this for as long as I can remember, and always called it banana bread...but really, if you're using cake mix, shouldn't it be called CAKE?  I think so.  Although, I usually use loaf pans...maybe we'll call it bread when it's in a loaf, and cake when it's in a bundt.  Cool?

So the next time you've got some overripe bananas, bake this deliciousness...whatever you wanna call it.


Banana Walnut Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
3-5 ripe mashed bananas
1 cup chopped walnuts

confectioners' sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined.
Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan (or 2 loaf pans) and bake for approximately 45 minutes (30 to 35 minutes for loaf pans).

Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.  Once cooled, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.



Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 20, 2011 at 8:57 AM , Anonymous Dad said...

I knew there must be a reason Mom doesn't cook anymore. We have nothing to cook with. Dad

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home