<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, September 30, 2011

Potato lovers, unite!

I know I'm not the only out there who enjoys a kick-ass home fries recipe.  Do you?  You have to agree - great potatoes are one of the key components of a successful breakfast.

Well, I know there's at least one person who agrees with me...my brother-in-law.  He saw Bobby Flay make these on his Cooking Channel show and wanted them immediately.  I looked up the recipe and concluded that they were pretty awesome.  So, I made them, and then I shared them.


Sausage in home fries?  Yeah, like I said...awesome.  Give them a try this weekend.

Italian Home Fries
from Bobby Flay

3 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, smashed
1 small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes, par-cooked and diced
8 ounces Italian sausage, removed from casing
1 teaspoon paprika
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.  Add peppers and cook another 2 minutes.

Add potatoes, sausage and paprika, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.  Add rosemary, then begin pressing the mixture into the skillet so the bottom gets brown and crispy, and the potatoes stick together.  Turn occasionally to distribute crispy bits.

Toss mixture with parsley and transfer to serving platter.  Drizzle with oil and serve hot or at room temperature.

Linked to: Potato Blog Hop


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At October 1, 2011 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Home fries are one of the best parts of going out for breakfast! I can definitely see why adding sausage makes them even better!

 
At October 1, 2011 at 6:33 PM , Blogger Ben said...

I could see sausage and potatoes being a great combination, and a change of pace from combining the potatoes with, say, bacon. Thanks for posting this, Melissa!

 
At October 4, 2011 at 10:02 PM , Anonymous Patty H. said...

These sound delicious! I'm with you, great potatoes are a must for a great breakfast! I love to keep trying different recipes for homefries or any kind of breakfast potato.

 
At December 10, 2011 at 7:39 PM , Blogger mjskit said...

Home fries are such comfort food! This is a great version and I love the sausage. I would top these with a fried egg, but then I top a lot of things with an egg. :) Great looking fries!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home