<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, September 9, 2011

Dill-icious

Once again, I lucked out on another great recipe from our latest swap!  The theme was seafood, and I was fortunate enough to get a nice salmon recipe.  Frank's been loving salmon (he even cooks it for himself when I'm not home) so it's always good to have easy options in our collection.

I made a few changes to this recipe, submitted by Coleen from Does NOT Cook Well With Others.  One was the use of fresh dill instead of dried.  It makes a big difference!  I upped the other spice amounts, too...of course, you can use whatever amounts you're comfortable with.

I also squeezed lemon on the salmon prior to cooking it.  I thought it would be a good replacement for the butter, plus, the only place I saw lemon in the recipe was in the sauce (which I didn't make).  So, in order to make to make it lemon-dill salmon, I had to add it in :)

This dish was quick, easy and tasted great...nice and fresh and light.  I served it with broccoli and my garlic roasted potatoes.  This would work well on the grill, too.  Too bad it's been raining here ALL WEEK!! :(


Thanks for the recipe, Coleen!

Lemon-Dill Salmon
adapted from Does NOT Cook Well With Others

3 salmon filets
salt and pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 cup chopped dill
juice of one lemon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.

Place salmon skin side down on the foil.  Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dill, then squeeze lemon on top.  Bake for about 10 minutes.  Serve immediately.


Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At September 9, 2011 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Sprigs of Rosemary said...

I do love dill! Funny, never did as a kid; although I guess that's really not so funny. Mr. Rosemary likes salmon the same way every time -- kinda teriyaki-ed, with soy, honey and dried red pepper. Maybe I can work on him for your version. I know I'd love it.

 
At September 11, 2011 at 5:59 AM , Anonymous Kimby said...

Dill and salmon are a sublime pairing -- lemon and garlic are bonuses! Great recipe. Hope your rainy weather quits soon -- you've had lots to contend with lately!

 
At September 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM , Blogger DNCWWO said...

Glad you liked it! It's one of my favorites!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home