<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Yeah, I went there.

All things cake batter make me happy.  

This ice cream made us SUPER happy.  

Consider yourself warned.




Cake Batter Ice Cream
slightly adapted from food. com 

1 cup whole milk, chilled 
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream, chilled
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 
1 cup yellow cake mix 
sprinkles 

In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Stir in heavy cream and vanilla. 




Stir in cake mix, making sure there are no lumps. Pour mixture into the freezer bowl and mix until it has thickened, about 25-30 minutes. Remove ice cream from freezer bowl and place into a separate container. Fold in sprinkles.  Enjoy immediately or freeze for later.


Linked to: What's On Your Plate?
                 These Chicks Cooked
                Sweets For A Saturday

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At June 28, 2011 at 11:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks good! I have a chocolate peanut butter chip ice cream coming tomorrow. I love summer, perfect excuse for making lots of ice cream.

 
At June 28, 2011 at 11:50 AM , Anonymous Carrie said...

I made this a while ago and LOVED it. Cake batter anything is delicious!

 
At June 28, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Reeni said...

This makes me super happy too! It's been awhile since I made ice cream - the machine coming out tomorrow!

 
At June 28, 2011 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Frank Clare said...

I now have a new favorite ice cream

 
At June 28, 2011 at 10:06 PM , Blogger Kathleen said...

Love, Love, Love cake batter.

 
At June 29, 2011 at 4:18 PM , Blogger annies home said...

this sounds super delicious and something that we are going to have to try really soon cake batter wow sounds great come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

 
At June 30, 2011 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Oh yummy! That ice cream sounds so good! Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Katie

 
At July 1, 2011 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Screaming Sardine said...

Oh
em
geeeeee!

This sounds incredible! It's on my to try list. Looks simple enough even for me!!

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

 
At July 1, 2011 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Shirley said...

Cake batter and ice cream are a marriage made in heaven. I love Cold Stone Creamery's, but I've been wanting to make my own. Thanks for posting!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home