<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to my love.

The truth is, my wonderful husband's birthday isn't until this Saturday, but since we have a wedding to attend that day, he asked to have his cake this past weekend.  I thought I knew what he'd pick, but he surprised me with a combination that I had to bust his chops about for being "childish".  Well, it may have been childish, but the adults loved it as much as the kids!


Once again, I used my favorite yellow cake recipe, like I used for a few other desserts here, and the amazing chocolate frosting recipe I've used several times as well.  


As for the filling - well, I took the easy way out, but it didn't matter.  Chocolate pudding in a flash = Jello Instant Pudding Mix and whole milk.  Chill for around 10 minutes.  Done.  Delicious.


The combination of the three was really, REALLY good.  The only thing I was missing was a tall cold glass of milk :)


Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks is this month's What's Baking host, and chose layer cakes as a theme.  Lucky for me, my husband chose this instead of tiramisu :)


Happy Birthday to my best friend!

Frank's Birthday Cake
(see previous links for cake and frosting recipes)

Bake cake as directed (using two 8 inch round pans) and cool completely.  Make pudding as directed (use a large box - 5.9 oz.) and chill in refrigerator while making frosting. 

Place bottom cake layer on serving dish, then add ALL the pudding on top, mixing in some sprinkles as you go.  Follow with the second cake layer, then frost the top and sides of the cake.  Finish it off with more sprinkles.  Refrigerate until serving.

Linked to: These Chicks Cooked
                 Sweet Tooth Friday
                 Sweets For A Saturday

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At June 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

Believe it or not, I've never thought to put pudding as the middle layer in a cake. What a great idea! Hope you had a great birthday celebrations.

 
At June 14, 2011 at 6:01 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Aww happy birthday to your husband! You guys are adorable.

You can't go wrong with a classic cake like this! Looks amazing!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Frank Clare said...

The cake was great and big surprise. Neither Bella or I can wait for the cake on my actual birthday. Its going to be hard to top this one

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home