<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

When I dip, you dip, we dip

I'm always looking for new ideas when it comes to cold dips, especially this time of year.  My ol' reliable is my 7 Layer Dip, but as most of my loyal readers know, I like my variety :)  So, I created this and brought it with us to see friends who invited us over.

This the Greek version of my 7 Layer Dip.  It's just as easy to make, but brings a whole new flavor combination to the table.  I built it around leftover tzatziki that I had in the fridge.  I think hummus would be fine in place of it, if that's what you have on hand.

It's great served with pita chips (very easy to make yourself!), tortilla chips, potato chips or vegetables.  Give it a whirl at your next party, or when you're on appetizer duty at the next barbecue you're attending.


Mediterranean Layer Dip
1 cup tzatziki
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tomato, chopped
1 cucumber, chopped
3/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
2 scallions, chopped
1/2 cup crumbled fat free feta
2 tablespoons oregano

Mix tzatziki and cream cheese together, and spread it over the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate or dish.  Add remaining ingredients evenly on top and top with oregano.  Chill before serving.

Linked to: Dip Blog Hop

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At May 18, 2011 at 11:02 AM , Blogger katherine said...

YUM! I'm def going to have to try this.

 
At May 18, 2011 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Ben said...

Delicious looking, Melissa, and so different from the usual...I love it!

Ben
http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

 
At May 18, 2011 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Tessa said...

This IS a great adaption of the 7-layer dip. Looks great!

 
At May 19, 2011 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Now I have that song stuck in my head :P

And a strong dip craving. This looks delicious!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home