<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The other white meat

A pretty common question that I'm asked is, "what should I do with pork chops?"  To me, it's like asking what to do with chicken breasts - they're so versatile and easy to make many, many different ways.  The sky's the limit!

Recently we tried these and really enjoyed them.  Even though they're baked in the oven, I feel like they're a lighter, summery way to make pork chops...maybe because of the lemony flavor.  I served them with roasted asparagus and couscous (with chopped tomatoes and scallions mixed in).  Yum.

This is a nice change of pace from the popular baked parmesan variety.  They're also good for you - only 7 Weight Watchers Points+ each!


Lemon Basil Pork Chops
from Taste of Home

1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon dried basil
4 boneless pork chops (6 oz. each)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Coat a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.

Combine egg and lemon juice in a shallow dish, and bread crumbs, butter, lemon peel and basil in another.  Dip pork in egg mixture followed by breading.  Place in prepared baking dish and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear.

Serves 4
WW Points+ per serving = 7


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At May 3, 2011 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Jaida said...

I've never had much luck finding pork chop recipes that impressed me upon completion - but this one looks delicious! I may have to break my no-more-pork-chop-recipe-attempts rule to try it out!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home