<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

No need for the oven

Frank and I have discussed grilling pizza before but hadn't done it until now, when I received Christina's recipe in our weekly swap.  That's motivation enough!  Did I cheat by making this indoors?  I don't think so.  We'll do it the "legit" way soon...this just happened to be the way it worked out last night.

I bought my pizza dough (gasp!) at Trader Joe's when I was there yesterday (shocker).  I went for the garlic herb dough for a little change of pace.  We loved it.  One pizza had pepperoni, onions and mushrooms...the other - grilled chicken, sundried tomatoes and pesto (both had mozzarella cheese).


Try grilling your pizza next time - you won't be disappointed!

Grilled Pizza
adapted from Tales from the Mad Men Kitchen

1 batch pizza dough
extra virgin olive oil
pizza toppings of your choice (be sure all are chopped/prepared ahead of time!)

Heat grill to medium.  Divide dough in half and stretch (using bench flour) evenly.  Brush oil on one side and place on grill.

Once dough is cooked/bubbling on the one side, flip with tongs or a spatula.  Immediately brush oil on the new side and place toppings on it.  Cook until cheese has melted.


Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At May 10, 2011 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Tessa said...

We've had minor successes grilling pizza, but I always love the results when we do. I'm looking forward to trying it out more this summer!

 
At May 10, 2011 at 8:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks delicious...I love pizza and could eat it every day.

 
At May 11, 2011 at 6:44 AM , Blogger Angie's Recipes said...

Haven't had pizza for long...you got me at some grilled one.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home