<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, May 9, 2011

Laughing all the way to the scale

I usually try to find ways to lighten up dishes...especially rich, creamy ones laden with fat from cream, butter or any of those other heavy ingredients we all know and love.  If you want to eat dishes like this more than once in a blue moon, you need to come up with a healthy alternative.


Have you ever made sauce from it?  It's like magic.  It replaces so much of the "bad stuff", as you'll see in the recipe below.  You can use any of the flavors they have...this time around I used their light blue cheese wedge.  Yum.

I created this sauce for a pasta dish I made with shrimp, broccoli and grape tomatoes...but any protein or veggies would do.  It was delicious, and guilt free!  So keep your eyes wide open when you hit the scale :)


Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce (guilt-free!)
1 tablespoon butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon flour
1 1/2 cups skim milk
3 wedges Laughing Cow blue cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Put all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until it just reaches a boil.  Add to your favorite pasta/veggie/protein combination.



Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At May 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Melissa, are your recipes generally for 2 or 4 people? This one is such a good idea!

 
At May 9, 2011 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

I never thought to make a sauce from the laughing cow cheese. This looks so sinful, but it's not! I love it.

 
At May 9, 2011 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

Helen, you could get 3-4 servings out of this. Depends on what you make it with.

 
At May 9, 2011 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Pam said...

Creamy and delicious without the guilt - love it!

 
At November 12, 2011 at 3:16 AM , Blogger ktkimmle said...

I made this yesterday when I had a craving for cheesy, creamy pasta. We don't have blue cheese laughing cow here, only the original, but it was still good. I added some basil to it and spinach...delicious! Even my husband who is a cheese snob (I guess it's ok because he's Swiss) and usually hates laughing cow, liked it!

 
At June 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM , Anonymous Harriet K. said...

YUM!!! I just made this tonight. I did change a few things (only to things I had on hand).........I used 2% milk, and garlic and herb cheese from Laughing Cow. I served it over penne with chicken apple sausage and added grape tomatoes......

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home