<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Healthy chips

Another successful recipe swap week!  Brianna from Oishii submitted a recipe for baked kale chips that I was assigned.  I was thrilled because I've been meaning to try it, and actually was in Whole Foods a few weeks ago looking to buy kale, but they were out.

I was pretty surprised by that, but what shocked me even more was that Frank was not only looking forward to trying them...he actually enjoyed them!  I thought for sure he wouldn't be a fan.  Bella, on the other hand...not so much :)

I know, the picture doesn't look like much of anything.  It actually just looks like a raw piece of kale.  The ends didn't brown much, like Brianna said they might, but it still crisped up nicely and had a good texture.


This is a delicious and healthy item that can easily help curb a crunchy or salty craving.  I served it with dinner but it definitely works as a snack, too.  Thanks, Brianna!

Baked Kale Chips
slightly adapted from Oishii

1 bunch kale, washed and broken apart with stems removed
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons sea salt

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix together, then place on a baking sheet.

Bake for approximately 30 minutes.  Midway through, gently toss kale.  Toward the end, keep a close eye on it to be sure it doesn't overcook.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At April 16, 2011 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Rosalie said...

this sounds good. i'll have to try it!

 
At April 16, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At April 16, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At April 16, 2011 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Ann said...

I've been interested in trying kale chips too. I've been concerned that my family wouldn't be up for it. But, now you have me thinking. Also, I'd love to be involved in a recipe swap. How would I do that? Thanks, Melissa!

 
At April 16, 2011 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Katerina said...

Sounds like a very healthy meal to me!

 
At April 16, 2011 at 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you guys enjoyed them! I wonder if mine turned brown on the edges because I roasted them at a higher heat. But either way, we love them! Glad your husband was on board too.

 
At April 17, 2011 at 12:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've also discovered the joys of kale chips. They're such a great healthy snack!

 
At April 17, 2011 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I've heard good things about these but haven't tried them! Looking good!

 
At April 17, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

I have read a great deal about these recently but have never tried them. The time has come! I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home