<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, April 11, 2011

A great version of a classic dish

Another recipe swap = another recipe of Gianna's!  Last time I got her recipe for garlic roasted potatoes...this time, she shared a family recipe that I was lucky enough to receive.  And although I served it with pasta, I bet the two would go really well together.

There are so many recipes for lemon chicken out there, but Gianna's is one of the best I've tried.  I lightened it up a bit (cut back on the oil and butter) and it was still delicious.  This will be a keeper in our house!


Lemon Chicken
adapted from my friend Gianna

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
flour (just enough to coat all of the chicken)
1 egg, beaten
Italian seasoned bread crumbs (again, just enough to coat)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 lemons
¼ cup white wine
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup parsley, chopped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Dip each piece of chicken in flour, followed by egg, then bread crumbs.  Heat oil in a skillet, then add chicken and remove when fully cooked (leave oil in pan).  Slice into small strips and set aside.

In the same pan, add garlic, lemon juice, wine, butter and parsley.  Cook until mixture is hot.  


In a baking pan,  put 1-2 TBSP of juice just to coat the bottom.  Add one layer of chicken strips.  Pour some juice over it, then add remaining chicken (if any), followed by the rest of the juice.  

Place in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes, until all ingredients are heated through...do not overcook.



Serves 4
WW Points+ = approximately 10


Linked to: Hunk of Meat Monday


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At April 11, 2011 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Frank Clare said...

Great surprise my two favorite foods chicken and pasta. Whats the next swap?

 
At April 14, 2011 at 11:47 PM , Blogger Leah Beyer said...

This sounds pretty straight forward and full of flavor. Wine and butter in the same dish...I am sold! Thanks for linking up to Hunk of Meat Monday.

 
At April 16, 2011 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What type of wine would you recommend using in this dish? I'm always confused when a recipe calls for wine.

 
At April 16, 2011 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

Hi Delilah! I used a dry white wine (Greco di Tufo - my Italian cousins make it!) so I'd suggest that.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home