<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, February 17, 2011

So what if it isn't pretty?

When I noticed I had some extra stuffing from the braciole I made the other day, I started thinking of a way to use it up.  Remember, waste not, want not!  Originally, I was going to use the portobello mushrooms I have by stuffing them, but midway through cooking I decided to save them for another time.

I cut up some zucchini, whipped up some polenta and this was the result.  Yum.


That's right, I said yum, even though it isn't the most attractive dish.  These types of creations rarely are, but they're usually the best tasting :)  LOVE rustic cooking.

Sausage and Polenta with Sauteed Zucchini
3/4 lb. Italian sausage, not in casing (I used spicy, but you can use mild if you want to be wimpy)
extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
stuffing from braciole (click here for the ingredients.  This can be omitted, or you can use bread crumbs with whatever seasonings you like)
1 zucchini, sliced
1 garlic clove, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
polenta (see link above on how to make it)
mozzarella cheese, shredded

Heat oil and garlic in a skillet over medium high heat.  Add sausage and cook until no longer pink, then add stuffing.  Stir together and cook for another few minutes.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.

Put a little more oil and the other garlic clove into the skillet.  Add zucchini, salt and pepper and saute until cooked through.  Take off heat and cover to keep warm.

Follow instructions for polenta.  When almost finished, add cheese and continue stirring.  Spoon polenta onto plate and add sausage on top, with zucchini on the side.


Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At February 17, 2011 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Ann said...

Melissa, this does sound really good. Nice job!

 
At February 18, 2011 at 1:55 AM , Blogger Jessica - The Novice Chef said...

Sometimes good food isn't pretty! ;-) It does sound delicious though!

 
At February 18, 2011 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Lishie said...

Looks pretty delicious to me!

 
At February 18, 2011 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Min {Honest Vanilla} said...

I've always wanted to try polenta in my recipes and this looks just perfect :)

 
At February 18, 2011 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

Melissa, flavor is all! This sounds delicious. Have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

 
At February 20, 2011 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Ninette said...

I don't think it looks unattractive at all. I'm ready with my fork...

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home