<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Recipe Swap - Week #2

I was happy with the recipe I received for our first week, so I was excited to see what I'd get this time around.  The theme was lunch, and I was lucky enough to land a recipe from my friend Patrizia, who also recently started a food blog of her own.  The recipe is originally from Giada, but Patrizia made some changes, as did I.

I made this for myself while home alone (well, Bella was napping).  Frank's not a fan of chick peas so I knew it would be a weekday recipe for me.  I had some ciabatta bread that was getting pretty stale, so I popped it in the toaster oven and of course, forgot it was in there until I started smelling smoke...oops!  It was edible, but it wasn't "flexible", so it didn't make for the best picture.


My other adaptations are reflected in the recipe below, based on what I had in the house.  I added the mayo to the tuna instead of the chick pea spread, because that's my preference :)  Plus, I had to chop some onion into it...can't have tuna salad without onion!

It was really good, but not a surprise, coming from Giada.  Thanks, Patrizia!

Tuna and Artichoke Panini
adapted from Mangia! My Family Table by way of Giada De Laurentis

1/2 can chick peas, drained
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 can tuna (I used Bumblebee solid white tuna packed in water)
6 frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 yellow onion, chopped
Ciabatta bread
Arugula and spinach leaves
Tomato
1/2 lemon
salt and pepper

In a small food processor combine chick peas, olive oil, garlic and lemon zest until smooth. If you find it to be too thick, add a little more olive oil.  


In a small bowl, combine tuna, artichokes, onion and mayonnaise.  Add juice of 1/2 lemon, salt and pepper.  


Cut ciabatta lengthwise and spread chick pea mixture on both sides.  Add tomato and greens to one side, then tuna mixture.  Close up your sandwich and enjoy!



Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At February 27, 2011 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

What a super delicious sandwich! Makes me remember that I haven't had artichokes in far too long!

 
At February 28, 2011 at 8:50 AM , Blogger CRS said...

Sounds delicious; I think I might have to make it soon!
Did it make a lot? I will also be the only one eating it since my husband also doesn't like chickpeas. I wonder if it will keep well to have over the course of a few days?

 
At February 28, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

It makes enough for 2 sandwiches. It'll keep well for a few days, definitely.

 
At February 28, 2011 at 9:09 PM , Blogger Patrizia said...

Thanks Melissa! I am glad you enjoyed it. I had to tweak Giada's recipe myself - it's what I enjoy most about cooking .. you can add a little of this, take off a little of that and it's still delicious. Baking on the other hand.... :-)

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home