<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, December 19, 2010

You can never have too many cookies.

I used to do all the Christmas cookie baking myself.  Then I got smart and recruited my sister last year.  I don't think she enjoys it as much as I do (her hangover this time around may have had something to do with it), but we still have a good time.  We even got my nieces involved this year...soon Bella will be right along side us, too.

These, along with the Hidden Kisses (which absolutely deserved its own post), complete our repertoire this year.  Last year I think we made 10 different kinds so we did cut back a bit  - still just as many cookies though, of course :)





White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
from Recipezaar




Sparkling Butter Toffee Cookies

Mint Oreo Cookies
***we crushed candy canes and rolled the cookies in them...a little something extra to make them even more special :)



Thumbprint Cookies
***see recipe below***


Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
***some have white chocolate chips added in, others have butterscotch chips




Sparkly Cinnamon Coins 
from Food & Wine
(The dough is in the fridge...once I bake them I'll add a picture)



Tomorrow is our last Mommy & Me Preschool Class before the holidays, so I packed up some goodies for both of Bella's teachers.


How adorable are these containers?  Gotta love Christmas Tree Shops.



Thumbprint Cookies 
from Allrecipes

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup AP flour
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2/3 cup jam (any flavor you like)
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.  Separate egg, reserving egg white. Cream butter or margarine, sugar, and egg yolk.

Add vanilla, flour and salt, Mix well.  Shape dough into balls. Roll in egg white, then walnuts. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 5 minutes.

Remove cookies from oven. With thumb, dent each cookie. Put jelly or preserves in each thumbprint. Bake for another 8 minutes.

Makes 2 dozen cookies.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At December 20, 2010 at 12:08 AM , Blogger Dacia said...

I'm in agreement with you--you can NEVER have too many cookies! Thanks for the blog visit and follow! My husband is Italian and I'm lovin looking over your recipes :) Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower!

 
At December 20, 2010 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Katerina said...

If we cannot have as many cookies as we want during Christmas then I don't know when will we have another chance. They all look great!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home